Summary Of Qualifications
Oracle Application Express developer with more than 17 years experience designing, developing, and managing data-centric applications. Oracle Certified SQL Expert, PL/SQL Developer and Database Administrator. Experienced in both functional and technical areas – requirements gathering and business analysis, contextual and user centered design methodologies, project and budget management, proposal creation.
Oracle 10g – 12c | SQL | PL/SQL
SQL Analytics | Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE)
Independent ConsultantWashington, DCJanuary 2006 – November 2006
Database developer specializing in Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- JP Morgan Chase – Working with a team from Sumneva, developed a replacement system for the system utilized by underwriting for managing lending authority for individual underwriters. Built web service interfaces via to separate product line applications used for loan closing. The user interface is APEX with EXT-JS and it integrates with several other APEX systems all built on a foundation framework.
- Washington State Department of Ecology – Working with a team from Sumneva, developed a replacement system for the water permit office. Created a hotkey shortcut system to make the system keyboard navigable. Developed web services for communicating permit requirements with the public reporting and compliance system. Created an enforcement letter wizard that outputs to Word. Created a contextual flyout menu system for reports giving users quick access to an array of actions for each row.
- Barrick Gold Working with Sumneva and other Barrick consultants, developed a KPI reporting system using APEX integrated with Oracle Applications Single Sign On and Enterprise Asset Management. The database pulls work order data and compares statuses over time to produce several KPIs. APEX is used to produce charts with tables for these metrics with drill down capability.
- US Department of Health and Human Services – Served as lead developer for a new grant award notification system. Grants are sent in flat files to the operators who load using an APEX front end. The system steps them through the process of correcting errors and assigns each grant to a congressional district. The operators then select the grants they wish to send notices for and the system emails the appropriate Congressional staff.
CASEtech, Inc.Washington, DCNovember 2006 – Present
Working for small Oracle consultancy, helped to manage and build extensions to hosted database service built in APEX. Worked with clients to assess their needs and build custom solutions.
- Extensive PL/SQL development including packages, procedures, and functions.
- Designed and built a content management system with Application Express (APEX)
- Developed prototypes with Application Express (APEX) in support of new system acquisition
RS Information SystemsWashington, DCApril 2000 – January 2006
Database and website developer for a fast growing technology services company. Administered a mission critical system that managed a federal agency’s grants to states and territories. Supported the web and database teams in the design, analysis, and development of new systems as well as configuration of database and application servers.
- Migrated FoxPro desktop system to new 3-tier architecture with ASP and Oracle.
- Created prototypes of new database applications using Oracle Application Express (APEX)
- Integrated database systems with Oracle Financials using AP and PO interfaces
Associate Director of Research and Statistical Reporting Services
National Assn of Independent SchoolsWashington, DCAugust 1996 – April 2000
Manager of a data collection and reporting service for the research office of an international non-profit organization for independent schools and their regional, state and local associations. Managed the development of web-based data collection and reporting systems to support survey research, data analysis and benchmarking, and managed production of a semi-annual publication of research data.
- Coordinated surveys and upgraded reporting application to meet changing requirements
- Ran ad-hoc reporting service assisting member schools with data analysis
- Managed data entry contractors and implemented quality assurance measures
Sole developer for an inventory management system and mentor to team of 3 developers who were new to the Apex framework
The inventory management system is a new product for helping counties organize, assemble, track and ship voting equipment for elections. Warehouse floor workers operate the system with a barcode scanner and headset. To create a flexible workflow that is customizable by each client, the scanner input logic was modeled after the architecture of Amazon Alexa skills. The system also supports multi-lingual users with both screen and speech output.
Onsite and offsite mentoring
Santa Clara Valley Water District
Client was a new adopter of Apex needing help bringing their team together around this new technology. Designed reusable components that mimicked Oracle Forms design patterns to accommodate transition for users and developers who were accustomed to Oracle Forms.
Interaction and Information Design, University of Baltimore, Spring 2005
Oracle Developer/2000 Certificate Program, George Mason Univ., June-October 1999
B.A., Psychology, Univ. of Texas at El Paso, 1992 (Presidential Scholarship, 1988-1990)
Presentations/Writings (see sqlprompt.net)
- ODTUG 2006, Application Express Panelist
- ODTUG APEXposed 2008, Presenter – “APEX_ITEM and Dynamic tabular Forms”
- ODTUG Kaleidoscope 2009, Presenter – “APEX_ITEM and Dynamic tabular Forms” And “Refactoring Application Express”
- ODTUG APEXposed 2009, Presenter – “APEX_ITEM and Dynamic tabular Forms” and “Apex by Example”
- Oracle Certified SQL Expert
- Oracle Certified PL/SQL Developer