Oracle APEX Hosting on Amazon AWS
Our Production package includes the Oracle Database license, fully configured shared AWS environment and so much more for only $500 per month.
All you need is your APEX app. We'll build that too if you need assistance!
See Production Package specifications below.
Do you need a dedicated environment? Or Oracle Database Enterprise Edition? Perhaps you need hosting in Europe?
SkillBuilders can design, build, deploy and monitor a custom, secure, scalable Amazon AWS environment for you.
Call us. 1-888-803-5607.
Production Package Details
- A secure, shared, highly available (AWS Multi-AZ deployment) environment.
- Standard environments provisioned within 24 hours.
- Application migration and data migration support.
- Includes all software - including Oracle Database SE2 - and hardware (Amazon AWS) to run your APEX applications.
- 3 Oracle APEX workspaces in separate databases, each with the same workspace-id, to ease rollout of page-level changes
- 3 Oracle Schemas in separate databases
- 3 AutoExtend Tablespaces, 5 GB each with AES256 Encryption. Additional storage is billed at $0.10 USD per Gigabyte per month
- PDF Report Printing with ORDS built in FOP. AOP Coming Soon!
- Outgoing Email Support. (Mass email support can be added.)
- One hour of APEX mentoring per month
- $500 per month. Minimum 6 month Term. No extra nor hidden charges.
- 2 CPU Virtual Server, shared. (Request Enterprise Package for dedicated servers.)
- Hosted on Amazon AWS Cloud, US East, Virginia (Request Enterprise Package for alternate host locations.
- Oracle Database 12c (12.2) Standard Edition 2 and above, isolated and Audited per CIS Benchmark
- APEX 5.1.2 environment and above
- Oracle Enterprise Linux Release 6.5 and above, SCAP compliant
- APEX Listener ORDS (3.x and above)
- Tomcat Application Server 8.5.9 and above, DMZ/Firewall protected
- Apache 2.2 DMZ Server and above, including secure Reverse-Proxy technology
- Industry best practice, firewalled 3 tier architecture, with virtual private cloud isolated database server
- Database: One database user with schema-level privileges for each schema
- APEX: One APEX Workspace Administrator user for each workspace
- HTTP: Custom domain name or a subdomain of skillbuilders.com
- Customer can load their own data as needed. SkillBuilders will assist with initial migration.
- Unlimited Applications
- Unlimited Transactions
- Unlimited Incoming Data Transfer
- Free Outgoing Data Transfer up to 10GB per month. $1 per GB per month over 10GB.
- Installation of SSL Certificate at no extra charge
- Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) compliant Linux OS
- Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmark for secure Oracle Database
- Outgoing connection secured with SSL to webservices or LDAP services
- Full volume AES256 Encryption
- Encrypted Oracle Net access (for SQL*Plus, SQL Developer, Toad, etc) over fully encrypted VPN
Database Administration Included
- 24 x 7 x 365 Monitoring of Production Database. One hour response maximum.
- One load of customer data
- OS and Oracle Database Maintenance, Backups, Patches
- Daily RMAN backups and Daily schema and APEX applications exports
- 24 x 7 x 365 Monitoring of Production Database and entire APEX environment
- End-to-End APEX application Response Time Monitoring
- 99.5% Uptime Guarantee, calculated month-to-month.
- Special request DBA or Development support available. Call (888) 803-5607
Uptime Service Level Agreement
- 99.5% uptime SLA
Database Maintenance Strategy:
- SUs, CPUs, SPUs are applied within 10 business days of release.
- Patch Sets (e.g. 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11, APEX 5.0 to 5.1) will be applied as soon as thorough testing is completed, which can be dependent on the time required for a customer to test applications.
- Upgrades to Major releases (e.g. 11g to 12c) within a year after release, unless industry is buzzing with notable issues with new release.
- Scheduled CIS Benchmark Audits
- Interim patches will not be applied unless necessary to fix a specific problem occurring on the database.
Operating System Maintenance Strategy
- Security patches are applied on a regular (scheduled) basis to prevent security issues in the OS and applications.
- Scheduled SCAP (ess-cap) Audits
Fair Use Policy
The Production Package is a shared server environment (see Enterprise Package for dedicated servers). If client's Application adversely affects the performance of SkillBuilders Server, then SkillBuilders shall have the right to terminate the Application. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact Client prior to termination.
Prices may be changed at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change our product's prices at any time without prior notice
SkillBuilders Announces Oracle APEX Hosting Service
SOURCE SkillBuilders Inc.
WAKEFIELD, R.I., April 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- SkillBuilders has announced immediate availability of Oracle APEX hosting services for customers seeking a stable and secure environment for production APEX applications. 24 x 7 support is available from SkillBuilders Oracle Database and APEX experts.
"This service, backed by our customer service, gives the industry an enterprise ready solution for their Oracle APEX applications, be they intranet or Internet applications. We can often on-board a new customer or existing application within a day," said David Anderson, Founder and President of SkillBuilders. "We eliminate all the headaches associated with going live with an APEX application." Anderson added, "This service is backed by the most secure and stable hardware (Amazon AWS) and up-to-date software including Oracle Database 12c Standard Edition, APEX 4.2.6, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.5 and APEX Listener ORDS 2.0.10. We are committed to staying current; we will offer an APEX 5 platform as soon as it is available."
SkillBuilders, founded in 1994, is a software services company with world-class technical expertise in Oracle Database, Oracle Application Express (APEX), UNIX and Web Development. SkillBuilders provides Oracle Administration, remote Oracle DBA, full life cycle APEX application development and education services. SkillBuilders provides services to a worldwide customer base. Their mission is "to always provide the best solution for our customers, gaining fans in the customer base and building long-term business relationships." Their business philosophy is also simple: "Honesty and integrity in all business practices." SkillBuilders is headquartered in Wakefield, Rhode Island. Their experts are available on-site and online, across the U.S., Europe and Latin America.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/skillbuilders-announces-oracle-apex-hosting-service-300059628.html
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.