Oracle SQL Tuning for Beginners Free Tutorial
Learn Oracle SQL Tuning!
We’d like to introduce you to our SQL Tuning courses. The free video lessons below are excerpts from our “Core SQL Tuning Skills for Beginners” class.
Writing SQL that performs well means understanding what Oracle is doing to the SQL: how it is executing the code, and why it is executing it that way. Then make changes needed to let Oracle run the code in a more efficient manner.
In the complete course you will learn how to capture and read the execution plans, and how to detect and fix the common problems that prevent code from running well. The cousre is taught by Oracle Certified Master DBA John Watson and Expert Dave Anderson. You can attend live online training or schedule the course at your organization.
Click this link to see a description of the complete course: http://www.skillbuilders.com/oracle-sql-tuning-training-for-beginners.
This free training is segmented into several separate lessons:
- Agenda (1:03)
- The Purpose of SQL Tuning / When and Why to Tune SQL (4:58)
- How SQL Executes – SQL Execution Cycle (2:48)
- How SQL Executes – Parse (3:13)
- How SQL Executes – Bind (7:50)
- How SQL Executes – Execute and Fetch (5:11)
- The Cost Based Optimizer (7:34)
- A Tuning Methodology (3:48)
- How to Read an Execution Plan, Part 1 (3:39) (click on video below)
- How to Read an Execution Plan, Part 2 (11:04)
Date: Jan 17, 2017
More Lessons Coming Soon!
NOTE: Some corporate firewalls will not allow videos hosted by YouTube.