Oracle Database SQL Tuning with Constraints
Learn how to tune SQL – especially in a data warehouse – with CONSTRAINTS. Constraints provide critical information to the Cost Based Optimizer in the Oracle Database. Don’t drop your constraints for query performance! In these 5 lessons, Oracle Certified Master DBA John Watson will demonstrate how constraints – unique, foreign key, not null – improve the execution plan and thus performance of SQL in an Oracle database.
This free Oracle Database training is segmented into 5 separate lessons:
- Introduction (0:54) (click on video below)
- SQL Tuning with Foreign Key Constraints (3:02)
- SQL Tuning with NOT NULL Constraints (2:27)
- SQL Tuning with Unique Constraints (2:28)
- Conclusion and Key Takeaways (1:04)
Date: Sep 15, 2016
NOTE: Some corporate firewalls will not allow videos hosted by YouTube.