How to setup High Availability for Applications with Oracle 12c Flex Clusters
Learn how to configure High Availability for Applications (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, etc) with Oracle 12c Flex Clusters (aka Oracle Clusterware 12c). Of course, we can configure HA for databases too, but if your applications will failover also, well that is fantastic. Yes, it can be done with FREE software from Oracle, Oracle 12c Flex Clusters. (Yes, free. Read more about this hard-to-believe fact at the bottom of this page.)
Watch and listen to Oracle Certified Master DBA John Watson as he provides an understanding of Flex Clusters and demonstrates setup and failover.
This free training is segmented into several separate lessons:
- Introduction to HA with 12c Flex Clusters (2:51) (click on video below) (click to read the Transcript)
- What is a Highly Available Application? (2:17)
- Simple Example of a Highly Available Application Using Oracle 12c Flex Clusters (2:23)
- Demonstration: Configure and Test Failover (5:09)
- 12c Flex Clusters: Architecture, Supported Environments and Applications (1:17)
- Summary (1:28)
Date: Sep 1, 2015
NOTE: Some corporate firewalls will not allow videos hosted by YouTube.