Oracle APEX Administration
Duration: 1 Day
If you are a student of an accredited academic institution call us for a 25% discount.
Learn the Oracle APEX Administration essentials for DBAs. You will learn how to install, configure and manage a secure, production-quality APEX environment that supports internal AND public-facing internet applications!
Learn how to install and configure APEX, Tomcat, and Apache; create, backup, and restore workspaces and applications; enable secure connections to external services; install a digital certificate and enforce use of https when connecting to a virtual host and more!
- Intended for DBAs who have to configure an APEX environment.
- Describe the typical APEX environment: browser
- Web Tier
- Application tier
- Describe the web application processing model
- Differentiate the middle tier services
- Understand the purpose of the ORDS listener
- Summarize the APEX structures: the instance, workspaces, applications
- Install the APEX code into the database
- Enable access to image files
- Describe the various APEX schemas
- Consider options: full or runtime install, additional language support
- Install the Tomcat servlet container
- Configure ORDS as an HTTP listener with a database access descriptor
- Deploy ORDS to Tomcat
- Consider alternative deployment models
- Describe the reverse proxy functionality
- Understand the security implications of the multitier architecture
- Install the Apache web listener
- Configure virtual hosts and routing of requests to Tomcat
- Configure the APEX instance settings
- Create a workspace, an application, and a user
- Export and import workspaces and applications
- Configure inbound and outbound traffic over SSL
- Create and use a digital certificate wallet
- Set up access to email and print servers
- Understand how to backup and restore an APEX environment