Ken A Kousen
Senior Technical Trainer and Developer
Ken is author of:
Ken Kousen is a Senior Technical Trainer and Developer with extensive experience in Spring, Hibernate, Groovy, Grails, and related subject areas in Java and XML:
- State-of-the-art industry certifications
- Strong educational background
- Spring, Hibernate, and other open source projects like Groovy and Grails
- Java, including JDBC, JSP, servlets, EJB, OOAD, and Design Patterns
- XML, including XPath, XML Schema, XSLT, Web Services, and SOA
- Ajax development and libraries
- Groovy and Java: The Sweet Spots, Manning, 2010 (to appear)
- Kushner, et al., Developing J2EE Applications with IBM WebSphere Studio, IBM Press, August 2003, ISBN 1931182108, contributor and technical editor
- Spring in Practice, ISBN 978-1-9351820-5-4, Manning, June 2009 (est)
- GIS for Web Developers, ISBN 0-9745140-9-8, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Oct. 2007
- Groovy Recipes, ISBN 978-0-9787392-9-4, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Feb. 2008
- Programming Groovy, ISBN 978-1-9343560-9-8, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Mar. 2008
Courses Taught (Topical List)
- Spring Framework
Java and J2EE
- Java, Intro and Advanced
- Java Servlets and JavaServer Pages
- The JSP Standard Tag Library
- Enterprise JavaBeans (including EJB3)
- J2EE Design Patterns
- Frameworks like Struts, JSF, etc.
XML and Web Services
- XML Fundamentals
- XML Schema
- XML Programming using Java
- Developing Java Web Services
- Service-Oriented Architectures
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Java Web Security
- J2EE overview for Managers
- JAX-RPC with RAD7
- JAX-WS with RAD7.5
- J2EE with RAD7
- EJB Programming
- Portlet Development with RAD6, RAD7
- President, Kousen IT, Inc., http://www.kousenit.com
- Teach Java, J2EE, XML, Spring, Hibernate, EJB3, Web Services, Groovy, Grails and more through training companies to clients in business and industry.
- Consulting and Mentoring services available.
- Adjunct Professor, Rensselaer at Hartford, http://www.ewp.rpi.edu
- Created and taught Master's level courses in Engineering and Computer Science..
- Supervised graduate research seminar papers for annual student conference
- Vice President, General Manager, Computer Education Services Corporation, Bloomfield, CT
- Responsible for training center with $3.5M annual revenue.
- Managed sales force
- Worked with partners at IBM, Novell, and Microsoft
- Senior Instructor / Enterprise Architect, The Golden Consulting Group, http://www.goldencg.com
- Taught the complete range of Java and XML technical training courses for clients in business and industry.
- Developed and delivered technical seminars on new trends in software development.
- Wrote courseware to support training courses.
- Created software to support educational activities.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Trinity College, http://www.trincoll.edu
- Taught sophomore level course in Engineering Dynamics
- Research Scientist, United Technologies Research Center, http://www.utrc.utc.com .
- In Systems & Software group, developed artificial intelligence models for systems at Carrier and Otis Elevators
- In Physical & Mathematical Modeling group, created computational and analytical models for jet engine acoustics
- In Theoretical and Computational Modeling group, applied analytical and computational techniques to investigate unsteady aerodynamics of turbomachinery.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Hartford, CT
- Ph.D. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- M.A. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- B.S. in Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Alternate Route to Certification ProgramState of Connecticut Department of Education, Hartford, CT