"Expert Oracle Application Express"
Dan is an Oracle Application Express expert and advocate, as well as an Oracle APEX Developer Certified Expert.. In addition to his "day job", he is one of the top 10 contributors to the APEX forum, maintains his own Oracle and Apex blog, and has been a speaker at ODTUG Kaleidoscope, New York Oracle Users Group, New England Oracle Users Group and Suncoast Oracle Users Group events.
Recent Success Stories
APEX consulting and mentoring (remote) for the Smithsonian Institute. Customer feedback: "It went GREAT! Dan is awesome. We made a lot of progress on my application in a short period of time and I was able to demonstrate it to one user last Wednesday (after only 1 session with Dan) and received very favorable feedback....Thanks so much for everything, your company is a lifesaver!"
Dan designed and developed a APEX-based Energy Efficiency Management system for Brown University. This mission-critical part of Brown's Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction Program centralizes estimated energy savings for planned construction and upgrade projects for facilities university-wide.
- Dynamic Actions in APEX 4.0: What's Possible, What's Not, and How to Bridge the Gap
- jQuery in APEX - An Introduction for Database Developers - 1
- Dynamic Actions in Oracle Application Express (APEX) 4.0
(Presented at ODTUG APEXPOSED 2010)
- Shared Spreadsheet Nightmares? Oracle ApEx to the Rescue!
- Application Express 4.1 New Features in Action
- Using ApexSec to Develop Secure Oracle APEX Applications
- Database and Web Applications Design and Architecture
- Oracle APEX Developer Certified Expert
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
- Databases: Oracle 11g, 10G, and 9i, MySQL
- Development Environments: Application Express (APEX), Oracle SQLDeveloper, SQL*Plus, Toad
- HTTP Servers: Oracle HTTP Server (standalone) 10.1.2.0.0 (using mod_plsql), Apache HTTP Server 2.2 (using mod_proxy and mod_rewrite)
- Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu Linux, VMWare
- SkillBuilders (2007–present) Senior Developer and Instructor, Oracle Application Express (Apex)
- Lead Oracle Application Express developer and instructor for introductory and advanced Oracle subjects.
- Outback Steakhouse (2005–2009)
- Dan started in Desktop and Application Support before becoming a DBA and developer, expert in Oracle Application Express.