- Examine and configure network interface settings
- Manage routes. Manage on-demand services
- Use manual and NetworkManager (GUI) configuration techniques
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Monitor network activity
User and Group management
- Create and manage user accounts and groups
- Configure an LDAP client to access remotely stored accounts
Process and file management from the command line
- Invoke, monitor and kill processes using the command line
- Work with files and directories
Controlling access to files using permissions settings...
- Understand how Linux file/directory permissions work. Use chmod to modify permissions.
System resource and Log management
- Schedule regular tasks.
- Examine and manage system logs
Software package management
- Examine installed software, query software, install/remove software using rpm and yum
- How yum repositories work
- Create a custom repository
- Use RedHat network
Access remote systems
- Access remote systems using SSH, VNC (graphical access), and FTP
Deploy and secure file-sharing services
- Configure essential network services, including iptables firewall configuration
- Mounting NFS and CIFS (SMB) shares.
- Display and manage SELInux facilities such as booleans and file system contexts
- Debug errors caused by SELinux
Managing basic disk partitions and EXT file systems
- Add new disks, create and tune file systems, mount file systems, and manage swap space
- Creating and managing encrypted file systems
Access control lists
- Implement access control lists (ACLs)
- Use setfacl and getfacl
- ACL aware utilities
Logical volume management
- Logical volume concepts, Create and manage linear and mirrored logical volumes
- Extending volumes
- Creating snapshots
The boot process and system services
- The init (upstart) process and runlevels
- Modifying systemd unit files.
- Creating new systemd services.
- The GRUB bootloader configuration and security
- Shutting down the system correctly
Tune and maintain the kernel
- Use kernel parameters
- Display and manage kernel modules
Virtual machine creation and management.
- Create and manage Kernel Virtual Machines (KVM)
Automate OS installations with Kickstart
- Use kickstart to automate the Linux install process, including PXE installs
Obtain help in a graphical environment
- Access documentation and RedHat services
- Examine documentation and services for other distributions