This five-day course is designed to cover the essential administration tasks for those new to Solaris 11 systems administration. It covers all basic administration functions, with full hands-on experience at all stages.
- Control user access to Solaris 11 files and systems.
- Control and monitor system processes.
- Schedule system tasks using crontab.
- Generally monitor and troubleshoot system events and performance.
- Install Solaris 11 using the interactive installer.
- Use IPS (Image Packaging System) to manage software packages and system updates.
- Manage system startup and shutdown.
- Manage system services with SMF (Service Management facility), and implement new services.
- Start up and shut down a system.
- Provide and manage data storage services using ZFS.
- Configure, create and use basic Solaris zones (virtualisation).
- Configure and manage physical network devices.
- Manage user accounts.
Average Student Rating: not yet rated