This course teaches experienced Java developers how to write programs in Groovy that simplify, enhance, and expand their existing systems.
Groovy Training Objectives
- Understand how dynamic languages differ from languages like Java or C#
- Work with Groovy closures
- Use Groovy control structures
- Build object-oriented programs in Groovy
- Use Groovy builders to reduce complexity
- Access databases using Groovy
- Process XML files in Groovy
- Write unit tests in Groovy
- Access Java classes from Groovy, and vice versa
- Build a simple web application using Grails
View SkillBuilders instructor Ken Kousen, Ph.D.'s presentation at SunGard Higher Education
Technology Association (SETA) Portsmouth on November 8:
Groovy and Grails for SunGard Banner Developers (free registration required).
Watch our free online training videos with instructor Ken Kousen, Ph.D.:
Groovy for Java Developers
Rapid Development with the Grails Platform
(WMV video; free registration required).