Java 8 introduces a number of revolutionary capabilities – many of them centered on lambda expressions and functional-style programming. These capabilities add powerful new programming techniques to the language, but also add complexity.
This concise course is focused on introducing the new capabilities and how to use them. It includes numerous code examples and programming labs that illustrate all of the new capabilities.
The course is hands on, and requires that students be comfortable with writing general Java code at an intermediate level, including the use of interfaces.
All labs are done within the Eclipse IDE, and the lab instructions include detailed directions on using it.
Duration: 2 day
Hands-on: Minimum 50% hands-on
Supported Platforms: Allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. Eclipse IDE, Java 8, other IDEs upon request
- Be familiar with the additions to Java interfaces
- Understand and use functional interfaces
- Understand lambda expressions and method references, and use them to pass behavior (methods)
- Learn about the pre-defined functional interfaces, and use them with lambda expressions
- Understand and use the Stream API
- Process collections using streams
- Understand and use parallel streams
- Learn and use the new Data/Time API
- Be familiar with other new capabilities
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 14 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 2
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self