Installing Oracle VM Server for SPARC (formerly Solaris Logical Domains) on SPARC T-series Servers
This free tutorial and demonstration covers:
- Installation and initial configuration of Oracle VM Server for SPARC v.2 software on an Oracle T-series server.
- Configuration of the Control Domain, which controls the logical domain environment and provides services to guest domains.
- A brief example of creating a guest domain.
This free training is segmented into several separate lessons:
- Intro to VM Server (Solaris Logical Domains) and Core Multi-Threaded (CMT) Ultrasparc (10:10) (click on video below)
- Demonstration: System Firmware, Network Configuration, Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager, Solaris Installation (9:25)
- FAQs and Demonstration: Installing LDOM Software, Creating Domains (10:17)
- Demonstration: Configuring the Control Domain (8:51)
- Demonstration: Configuring the Control Domain (continued) and Using ZFS Disk Space (10:31)
- Demonstration: Creating the Guest Domain (10:29)
Date: Oct 5, 2011
NOTE: Some corporate firewalls will not allow videos hosted by YouTube.